All property photos
About the Home
SOPHISTICATION & CLASSIC CHARM
Located on a desirable street in East Corte Madera a beautifully renovated residence handsomely displays myriad custom touches that capture the casual style and comfort of the Marin lifestyle. Located within the highly sought after Tiburon Reed Schools at every turn, this beautifully renovated home seems to invite one to relax, to linger in its welcoming ambiance.
Beautifully updated throughout every aspect of this 5+ bedroom dwelling takes it cue from its glorious surroundings that gaze out across the sweeping wooded hills with western exposure providing sun-drenched interiors nearly all day long. With 3583 sq. ft of comfortable living space oak wood floors, granite and limestone stylishly echo the colors and textures of the natural world just outside. High, peaked ceilings and tall window doors welcome in abundant warming sunshine, which always seems to fill the spacious, open rooms. Off of the main foyer a grand scaled living room features a marble and stone faced fireplace. The living room includes dramatic lighting and a wall of built-in cabinetry perfect for game day, entertaining or just relaxing all the while creating an airy, luxurious feel. Serving the grandly proportioned dining room is a meticulously updated and enthralling kitchen with kitchen island and breakfast area. Honed counters with state of the art amenities and chef worthy stainless steel appliances cater to large-scale entertaining. A dramatic ridge-skylight adds spacious scale and abundant natural light. Sharing the first floor an adjacent media room/den and two bedrooms bath are ideally situated.
Upstairs is the master suite with window bench seating and dual walk-in closets and spacious bath and is down the hall from two additional bedrooms and bath.
Entertaining naturally seems to gravitate toward the charming trellis covered patio and deck area on view from the living and dining rooms and which allows closer inspection of the scenic woodlands and gorgeous views of Mt. Tamalpais and beyond - a fitting hallmark of the poignant loveliness that reigns here. Idyllic hiking and biking trails nearby invite exploration all while enjoying the picturesque serenity and diverse recreational activities that make Marin County one of the most desirable places to call home. With San Francisco just 15 miles southward, and air of quietude and international sophistication are impressively combined.
Conveniently located this beautiful home is only minutes away from superb restaurants, excellent shopping, and a multitude of other diversions offering their own delights. A bonus of this location is this home is located within the highly sought after Tiburon Reed School District.
- 5 bedrooms 3.5 baths
- Approximately 3583 sq.ft
- Den/TV room or study
- Eat-in Kitchen with breakfast bar and breakfast area with window bench seating
- Built-in desk area ideal for homework or a perfect place to write
- Inside access from two car garage
- Main level includes grand sized living room with fireplace and direct access to west facing patio and deck areas.
- Formal dining room opens out onto yard area creating ideal al-fresco dining
- Gorgeously renovated kitchen includes dramatic ridge skylight, top style chef’s appliances, ample cabinet and counter space
- Main level includes 2 bedrooms full bath and den and powder room
- Upstairs is the privately situated master bedroom with window bench seating, walk in closets, spacious master bathroom with dual sinks
- 2 additional bedrooms and bath are located upstairs
- Enjoy a morning cup of coffee on your front gravel clad patio area with outdoor fireplace
- The charm filled rear yard includes wisteria covered trellis, outdoor seating and a perfect place to barbecue ideal for outdoor living and entertaining.
- Southern and western exposure makes a warm and inviting setting all around.
- Located in sought after Tiburon Reed School District
- Beautiful Mt. Tamalpais views
Other Improvement Details
- Entire house Halo water filtration system. All water inside the house is filtered. Installed in 2018.
- New heating furnace and dual air conditioning units with two zones and individual thermostats. Installed 2021.
- New tankless hot water heater. Installed 2021.
- Water sprinkler system in ceilings of all rooms and attic space.
- New Thermador double ovens. Installed 2021.
- New Bosch dishwasher. Installed 2021.
- Surround sound speakers in Great Room. Speakers built into the kitchen and the den
- New construction portion of house built in 2001-2002, includes the kitchen with ridge skylight, dining room, great room and den, constructed on 16 concrete pillars that go down to bedrock (about 25 feet).
- Attic space in the garage plus above in upstairs two bedrooms.
- Master bedroom and bath addition completed in the early 90s.
- Recent improvements include newly clad stone kitchen counters with new undermount SS single basin sink.
- Refinished oak wood floors, new recessed lighting, new hardware on most interior and exterior doors.
- Newly carpeted in bedrooms throughout
- Interior and portions of exterior newly painted
- New landscaping of front side and rear yards, includes new rear yard decking and front yard landscaping includes newly installed garden retaining walls, new crushed granite, new front railroad tie steps.
Nestled between the slopes of Mount Tamalpais and the marshlands of San Francisco Bay, Corte Madera is home to excellent schools and parks and all the expected urban amenities, making it a great place to raise a family in Marin County.
While the malls provide great shopping, there's more to Corte Madera than retailers and easy access to San Francisco. Civic organizations donate the flower baskets that hang on almost every lamppost in town and coordinate the town's blowout 4th of July Parade. Corte Madera is home to MarinScapes, the annual art show that has raised more than $1 million dollars for Buckelew Programs, which helps fight mental illness.
Little Leaguers take full advantage of the spacious, well-tended parks and ball fields. Families have been enjoying the relaxed atmosphere and delicious Italian country cooking at Benissimo Restaurant & Bar since 1987. And Corte Madera can claim Book Passage, an independent bookstore with a busy calendar of classes, workshops, and author readings that bring in literary luminaries.